Updated Dec 21, 2016Chatelaine
jarred roasted peppers, drained and chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
2 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 tsp
lean ground beef
puff pastry, thawed
sliced almonds, crushed
poppy or sesame seeds
pomegranate molasses, optional
- POSITION rack in lower third of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- WHIRL onion, peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin and salt in a food processor until finely chopped. Add beef and pulse until combined.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add beef mixture and cook, stirring until no longer pink, 5 to 6 min. Drain in a strainer set over a bowl, stirring occasionally to cool, about 5 min. Refrigerate until cool, 30 min. Discard fat from the bowl and add beef mixture.
- ROLL 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to 12 × 10 in. (It’s important to get pastry to this size.) Cut pastry lengthwise to get 2 long rectangles and transfer to prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining roll and refrigerate.
- STIR egg, feta, parsley, almonds, lemon zest and juice into beef mixture, then divide into 4 portions. Spread 1 portion lengthwise down centre of a pastry rectangle, leaving a 1-in. border.
- STIR yolk with water and brush edges of pastry. Fold long side over mixture and roll until seam-side is down. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling; place 4 sausage rolls on the sheet. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Refrigerate
for 15 min.
- BAKE until puffed and browned, about 25 min. Cool on sheet for 10 min. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and serve with Greek yogurt.
NutritionCalories 89, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 6 g, Fat 5 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 117 mg.
Chatelaine Quickies: No-cook shrimp, mango and avocado rolls