I’ve always found breakfast in bed to be one of the most appreciated little gestures. And putting together a breakfast tray can be as simple as tea and toast or whatever else is standard issue for breakfast in your home — it’s the quiet moment alone to enjoy it without worrying about breakfast for everyone else that is the real gift. This year, rather than slip her a copy of the newspaper to enjoy with her breakfast, turn your tray into an open thank you card for Mom to read while she eats.
Not only is this craft super easy, taking the time to go through these photos is a wonderful exercise that will really make you stop and think about all the little things your mom does and all the adventures in life you’ve shared together.
1. Gather up some favourite photos of special memories with your mom and take them down to your local copy shop.
2. Lay them out on a large piece of paper, leaving some blank areas for you to write little notes to your mom.
3.Photocopy this sheet and then lay it on the tray you plan to use to serve breakfast, trimming the edges to fit.
4. Fill the blank areas with special little messages and memories with your mom, from big lessons she’s taught you, to thanks for the smaller, no less important, every day things. Let her know you’ve noticed and appreciated all these little things along the way.
5. Slip this unconventional thank you card onto the tray and then assemble it with her favourite morning menu. (Be sure to add a few flowers too!)
6. For best results, serve with hugs and kisses.