Photo, Geneviève Caron. Hair & makeup, Claudine Baltazar for the Ouai/Charlotte Tilbury/Plutino Group. Styling, Jessica Albano. Dock build, Hotsets Film. Paint in Watermelon Red, Benjamin Moore. Hat, BCBG. Le Specs X Self Portrait sunglasses, TFOFW. Kate Spade New York bathing suit, Expressions bangles, The Bay. Shoes, Joie.
- Editor’s letter
- Notebook: Ms. Chatelaine, plus our favourite things to do, watch and read this month.
- One last thing: A date with Kim Cattrall.
- Notes: Fun summer sandals, how to fake a post-vacation glow, cute beach totes and more.
- Making waves: Embrace your hair’s natural texture with simple tricks for bouncy curls. Plus the best products for eliminating frizz.
- Here comes the sun: Sunscreens for any situation, and how to protect yourself from the heat.
- All for one: Put away the bikini—this summer it’s all about the one-piece.
- Notes: Colourful glassware, modern rattan products, wind chimes and more.
- The long game: By investing in classic pieces, designer Lindsay Mens Craig created a kitchen that will stand the test of time.
- The high life: How one couple turned their cookie-cutter condo into an urban oasis.
- Notes: The science behind self-care (plus everything you need for a me-time starter kit), Dr. Danielle Martin on adrenal fatigue and more.
- A bitter pill: For decades, medical research was conducted mostly on men. Now differences in the way women experience pain, metabolize drugs and even suffer concussions are coming to light.
- Say it — Don’t spray it: Why is douching still a million-dollar business in Canada despite the well-known risks?
- Under one roof: How Dr. Marjorie Dixon is creating better access to reproductive care in Ontario.
- State of play: The health benefits of adults-only camps, “preschools” and playgrounds.
- Redefining Dad: Katrina Onstad reflects on the dramatic shapeshifting of fatherhood in just one generation.
- The Chatelaine Q&A: Journalist Tom Vanderbilt on the science behind personal taste and what we think we know about ourselves.
- Life, on repeat: Tracy Moore on the rewards of a highly scheduled life and why it’s worth the sacrifices.
- Kitchen notes: Five twists on lemonade, instant cherry sorbet, easy flavour-boosting ingredients and more.
- 9 ways with watermelon: Cool down on a hot summer day with one of these refreshing recipes.
- Step away from the stove: Genius no-cook recipes for when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
- Berry special: Make the most of summer’s bounty with classic strawberry shortcakes.
- The dinner plan: Your guide to easy weeknight meals.
Get the latest issue In Print | On your iPad | On Texture