It’s been almost a decade since we’ve caught up with the gals from Stars Hollow, but much to our delight, Netflix has promised to release four more 90-minute (!) episodes of the Gilmore Girls later this year. Original showrunner Amy Sherman-Palladino, who left the show before its seventh (and final) season, has been tapped to handle the reboot.
Most of the gang have committed to the revival, including mother-daughter duo Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel), Lorelai’s bougie mom Emily (Kelly Bishop), the original hunk of the show, Luke (Scott Patterson), Ivy League bad boy Logan (Matt Czuchry) and Rory’s longtime bestie Lane (Keiko Agena). The most recent confirmation came over the weekend from Liza Weil, who played prep school snob Paris on the show.
One notable omission is kooky chef Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) — which is heartbreaking news. Here are some plot points I hope the series’ bonus season will include to, you know, make up for Sookie’s absence:
1. Rory and Lorelai continue to keep it real.
2. Jess begs for one more chance (and he’s mature enough not to screw it up).
3. But Dean also returns — and he’s in it to win it!
4. Michel has gotten snarkier with age.
5. Luke and Lorelai finally get it together and realize they are soulmates.
6. Chris, Lorelai’s ex and Rory’s dad, doesn’t make an appearance.
7. And, of course, more of the heartwarming mother-daughter love like no other.