ROGERS PUBLISHING LIMITED
1. “Contest Period” starts at 12:01pm on March 9, 2009 and continues until 11:59pm on April 6, 2009 the “Contest Closing Date”. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person. However earn additional entries by using the tell-a-friend feature, one entry for each friend you refer, even if they don’t enter the Contest, up to a maximum of four (4). All times are Eastern Standard Times.
By entering your friend’s email address, you acknowledge and agree that you have obtained the consent of the individual to whom the personal information (the “Information”) you are providing to Rogers and Rogers will only use such Information only for the purposes of administering this Contest.
(a) To enter, go to www.chatelaine.com/electrolux complete the entry ballot in full and submit it as instructed by the Contest Closing Date.
(b) A random draw by a representative of Rogers Publishing Limited (“Rogers”) the Contest Sponsor from all entries received as of the Contest Closing Date will be made at approximately noon on April 12, 2009 at One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario. Selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or email, as set out on the entry form.
(c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 5 days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected.
2. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) of three (3) Grand Prizes, each having approximate retail value of $4,000 and consisting of an Electrolux refrigerator.
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
3. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time; and will also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by Rogers and its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. This Contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence excluding employees of Rogers, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, Contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Rogers. Rogers takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Rogers is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest sponsor(s) and will not be returned.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor(s), its/their advertising and agencies and the Contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, and photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
10. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) Rogers assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Contest. Rogers reserve the right, in its sole discretion, subject to the authority of theRégie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
12. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by Rogers affecting the conduct of this Contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.