Rules & Regulations
McClelland & Stewart
April 2007 Chatelaine.com contest
Rogers Publishing Limited
1. Contest starts at 3:00pm EST on April 11, 2008 and continues until 11:59 pm EST on April 14, 2008, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person; any multiple entries by the same person will result in disqualification.
(a) To enter, visit www.chatelaine.com/bookclub to complete the entry ballot and submit it as instructed by the Contest Closing Date.
(b) A random draw by a representative of Chatelaine.com, one of Rogers Publishing Limited divisions (“Rogers”), from all entries received will be made on April 15, 2008 approximately 10:00 am local time at the Rogers’ offices at One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario. Selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or email at the number/address set out on the entry form. (c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days of the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected in his or her place in the same manner on the third business day following the initial draw.
2. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) of following prize:
From McClelland & Stewart: One (1) of ten (10) Books: Salvage by Jane F. Kotapish, approx. retail value $32.99
(b) Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Contest sponsors reserve the right to cancel the contest, remove tickets from the Grand Prize description, or substitute a prize of at least equal value, in their sole discretion.
3. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time; and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by any of the contest sponsors and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. This contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are over the age of majority, excluding employees of the contest sponsors (namely Rogers, McClelland & Stewart) their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, please send your request in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope to Chatelaine.com, April Book Club Contest, One Mount Pleasant Road, 8th Floor, Toronto, ON M4Y 2Y5. Please send request no earlier than one month after the Contest Closing Date.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the contest sponsors. Contest sponsors takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of the contest sponsors and will not be returned.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the contest sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies, contest prize suppliers and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s).
10. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest sponsors. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) Contest sponsors assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest sponsors reserve the right to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, contest sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of any entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).