Chatelaine.com Billy Joel
ROGERS PUBLISHING LIMITED
1. “Contest Period” starts at 12:01 pm on July 4, 2008 and continues until 11:59pm on July 10, 2008, the Contest Closing Date. No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Times. Only one (1) entry per person. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries.
(a) To enter, go to www.chatelaine.com/weekendcontest complete the entry ballot in full and submit it as instructed by the Contest Closing Date.
(b) A random draw by a representative of Rogers Publishing Limited (“Rogers”) as represented by Chatelaine Magazine the Contest Sponsor from all entries received as of the Contest Closing Date will be made at approximately noon on July 11, 2008 at One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario. Selected entrant will be contacted by telephone or email, as set out on the entry form.
(c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 2 days following the draw, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be selected.
2. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) Grand Prize, having an approximate retail value of $3,000 (based upon a Toronto departure actual value may vary depending upon originating airport) and consists of:
- Return economy airfare for two (2) from the airport closest to the winner’s residence to New York.
- Two (2) tickets to see Billy Joel’s “Last Play at Shea” on July 18, 2008 at Shea Stadium.
- Two (2) nights accommodation in New York City, based upon double occupancy.
- $300 Canadian dollars in spending money
Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for ground transportation, taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, meals and other travel and hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the prize. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents such as passport or travel visa in advance of the departure date. Rogers not responsible in the event winner and/or travel companion are refused entry to destination country or re-entry to Canada for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeit. In the event the travel companion is a minor, the companion’s parent or legal guardian must sign the release and declaration of liability on behalf of the minor if the adult winner is not the parent or legal guardian of the minor, the parent or legal guardian of the minor must consent to the designated accompanying adult and taking part in the Grand prize.
Winner must be able to depart on July 18, 2008 to return on July 20, 2008. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Rogers and according to concert date. In the event winner and/or guests cannot travel within the dates specified by Rogers or are unable to attend a selected concert for whatever reason, any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and bookings will be arranged by Rogers or its agents. Winner and guests must travel together from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence. No responsibility is assumed by Rogers for any other factor beyond its reasonable control, or for a cancelled, delayed, or re-scheduled concert for any reason whatsoever. Rogers is not responsible in the event winner and/or guest is refused entry to the concert venue for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited.
Due to the nature of the Grand Prize, no alternative concert dates are available other than those selected by Rogers.
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
3. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided; a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
4. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by Rogers and its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
5. This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence excluding residents of Quebec and employees of Rogers, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
6. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. For the name of winner visit www.chatelaine.com/weekendcontest.
7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Rogers. Rogers takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Rogers is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of the Rogers and will not be returned.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless Rogers, SONY BMG MUSIC (CANADA) INC., its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. Trip winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and a Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as Rogers may specify. Trip winner’s guest cannot be changed after the Declaration and Release are received. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
10. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
11. (a) Rogers assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Rogers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).