1. Two basic storage units that fit your space. (We used this one from Ikea.)
2. A back panel. Try a sheet of ¾-inch plywood, which could be covered with tile, wallpaper or cork.
3. One or two side panels. Ask your hardware store to cut the panels to size.
1. Build the units according to instructions. Modify as needed. (We removed the feet from our upper unit.)
2. Place the units face down on the floor and attach the plywood backing with screws.
3. Flip the fastened units to one side and attach a side panel with screws. We’ve only added on panel, but you can add two, depending on your preferred look.
4. Lift the entire unit off the floor and hold in place.
5. Secure the unit to the wall with brackets.
6. Now comes the fun part! Customize your organizer with cushions, pillows, hooks and a rug. Check out our picks below: