You don’t have to undergo a whole renovation to update your space and add resale value. Design expert and host of Open House Overhaul Samantha Pynn explains seven easy updates that will instantly transform your kitchen and add major value if you’re looking to sell.
1. Add softness to the kitchen with a roman blind.
2. Paint your cabinet doors. A simple coat of paint can bring an outdated kitchen into this decade.
3. Switch out your cabinet hardware. It accounts for a lot of the personality in your kitchen. Cup pulls add a traditional look.
4. Swap out your faucet. Match it back to your cabinet hardware for a streamlined look.
5. Update your backsplash. Think about splurging here, since you won’t need a huge amount of tile. The return on investment can be well worth your money spent.
6. Replace your countertops. A butcher block is the most affordable option for a quick and stylish fix.
7. Accessorize with colourful bowls, cookbooks and vases to make your space feel less clinical. Flowers will always a good touch!
Chatelaine design expert Samantha Pynn is back with a brand new TV show, Open House Overhaul, Mondays at 10e/p on HGTV. Follow Samantha as she transforms unsightly open houses into real estate gems.