1. Use blankets and faux-sheepskin throws. Not everyone has the luxury of spending Thanksgiving dinner at a beautiful barn, but if it’s a nice day, try hosting your party outdoors. It’s easy to re-create this cozy, rustic look — simply throw blankets in autumnal colours over dining chairs and stack extra blankets in a wooden crate nearby. Tip: Not enough chairs for your guests? Use a long bench or crates as seating and cover them with faux-sheepskin for added comfort.
2. Use chargers instead of placemats. A great alternative to placemats, the large plates look great layered with additional tableware and are easy to clean once the night’s over. Tip: Your tableware doesn’t have to match. Try mixing up the colours and textures of your plates, chargers and napkins.
3. Decorate with gourds and pumpkins. Have some fun with traditional fall decor. We love the idea of dip-dying pumpkins, gourds and other festive fruit in gold. Check out our easy DIY.
4. Handwrite place cards. Make your table warm and inviting with place cards. Attach them to the stem of your DIY gold-dipped gourds or simply write names on pretty craft paper and place them on top of your guest’s napkin.
5. String up small lights. Fairy lights are a fantastic decor item because they’re an inexpensive way to instantly transform both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Feeling inspired to re-create the looks above? We’ve selected the following items to help you get started.Check out the rest of the gallery