More tips from Dr. Janet:
– Brush at least two minutes at a time at least twice a day
– Most people brush too hard
– You need to be mindful when you’re brushing so you don’t do damage
– Electric toothbrushes remove twice as much plague as manual toothbrushes
– Studies have shown people typically only brush for 30 seconds
– Not flossing misses 1/3 of the tooth’s surface
– Plague accumulates within 24 hours and build-up results in hardened bacteria. Once it’s hardened it needs to be scraped off by the hygienist.
– Prevention, prevention and prevention are the three most important steps to taking care of your teeth. Brush, floss and mouthwash are key.
– A child should start going to the dentist by age one.