Jessica Alba and her partner in The Honest Company, Christopher Gavigan, stopped by Chatelaine HQ yesterday to chat about their efforts to create non-toxic, sustainable and beautiful health, body and home products, which are now available to Canadians through their website.
By the end of the conversation we learned a few things you may not know about the actress and mom and about her partner in health.
1. Makeup has always been a big deal for Jessica (her mom never left the house without a full face on) and using non-toxic, paraben-free cosmetics is always top of mind for her.
4. Jessica found the couch in one of her daughter’s rooms on Craigslist. She then re-upholstered it with BPA-free cushions and fabric. It’s bright pink with purple piping.
5. She found Chris’ desk on Craigslist, too. It’s bright orange.
6. Jessica’s desk is magenta.
7. If you call the company’s customer service line, Chris is often the voice you’ll get on the other end (along with Jessica who can often be heard whispering direction in the background).
8. If Jessica had a week off, her top two vacation destinations would be (child-free) jaunts to St. Barts and Paris.
9. How does Jessica stay healthy while on busy press trips? Naps and lots of water.
10. And her favourite on-the-go workout is interval training on the treadmill. She says a quick 20 minutes does the trick.