Throughout the year, we’ve brought you recipes from nutritionists, bloggers, and our favourite new books to help you enjoy meals that are both delicious and good for your health. It’s hard to narrow them down, but here are ten of our favourite healthy recipes that ran on Chatelaine.com in 2011.
1. Eggs in the bunny hole: Poach an egg in a medley of veggies and load up on B vitamins.
2. Green goddess soup: Getting your leafy greens can happen without eating salad!
3. Ginger edamame quinoa: This recipe was a standout from Quinoa 365, a great cookbook released this year.
4. Blueberry brain boost smoothie: We ran a few great smoothie recipes this year, but this one from Super-Charged Smoothies was one of the most popular.
5. New-age minestrone soup: Give this classic dish an update with butternut squash and chard.
6. Raw apple crumble pie: This easy pie recipe makes a seasonal favourite a healthy pick.
8. Vegan butternut squash mac ‘n’ cheeze: You can enjoy this classic comfort food even if you don’t eat dairy or gluten.
9. Carrot apple ginger soup: This recipe is perfect for winter and has immune-boosting ingredients to help you stay illness-free.
10. High-protein garlic mashed potatoes: This recipe is a great way to sneak extra protein and fibre into a holiday favourite. Definitely on my Christmas dinner list!