In the past, I’ve grown mustaches to look sleazy or because I’ve been too lazy to shave. This November I’m not just lazy and sleazy but I’m actually giving back to the community. Some of you may know that November is also Movember; a month were men grow mustaches of all shapes and sizes to raise awareness about prostate cancer. What the direct link between a mustache and a prostate is I’m not really sure, but if it helps in the battle against cancer then I’m all for it.
To donate you can either:
- Click/paste this link https://www.movember.com/ca/donate/donate-details.php?action=sponsorlink®o=2155321&country=ca and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account, or
- Write a cheque payable to the ˜Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada’, referencing my Registration Number 2155321 and mailing it to:
Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada Attn: Movember 145 Front Street East Suite 306 Toronto Ontario M5A 1E3 Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The money raised by Movember is donated directly to the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation of Canada who will use the funds to create awareness and fund research across the country into prevention, detection and treatment, with a goal to ending the threat of prostate cancer. Did you know:
- Every year around 24,700 Canadian men are diagnosed with prostate cancer and about 4,300 die of the disease, making it the number one cancer threat to Canadian men.
- 1 in 7 men will develop prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- All men over the age of 40 are potentially at risk and should talk to their doctor about the disease and early detection. Prostate cancer is 95% curable if detected and treated early.
More information is available at http://www.movember.com/ I thank you, my mustache thanks you and my prostate thanks you, Miro.