Got a case of the Mondays? If you’re struggling to transition from weekend to work mode, tune in to your favourite jam. Rocking out in your cubicle can help you focus and increase effectiveness, according to a study from the University of Windsor. Music also lights up the area in the brain associated with reward.
Bottom line: Music helps release feel-good hormones, and a little happiness boost can big up your work performance.
Pencil in a mini jam session in your cubicle today with our mood-boosting playlist:
1. Wake Up, Arcade Fire
2. My Girl, The Temptations
3. Here Comes the Sun, Nina Simone
4. I Feel It All, Feist
5. Careless Love, Madeleine Peyroux
6. Cecilia, Simon & Garfunkel
7. Rolling in the Deep, Adele
8. Go Your Own Way, Fleetwood Mac
9. 1957, Milo Greene
10. Hey Jude, The Beatles
11. Feeling the Same Way, Norah Jones
12. I Wanna Dance with Somebody, Whitney Houston
13. Crown Land, Grounders
14. Clocks, Vitamin String Quartet
15. Your Hand in Mine, Explosions in the Sky
What song always brightens your day? Add to this list below.