My favourite meal of all time is pancakes! My mother has been making these for me ever since I can remember! These freeze so well and can be popped into the toaster for those rushed mornings.
1/2 cup cottage cheese (2%)
1/2 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
2 whole organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. Add all of the above ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Heat olive oil cooking spray on medium heat onto a non stick frying pan.
3. Pour half of the pancake batter onto the heated frying pan.
4. Allow to cook on medium heat.
5. When you start to see bubbles forming at the top of the pancake, flip pancake over.
6. Allow to cook on the other side.
Calories From Fat: 17
Total Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
Sodium: 341.8 mg
Potassium: 236.7 mg
Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
Fibre: 2.4 g
Sugar: 2.5 g
Protein: 17 g
*Calculated from recipe ingredients per 2 pancakes
Makes four 4-inch pancakes
Click to learn more about Kathy Smart’s gluten-free journey.