If you’re into feeling and looking your best (and honestly, who isn’t?), you’ll want to check out the just-released book UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health by nutritionist Meghan Telpner. The accessible guide to taking health into your own hands is full of simple recipes, 40 of which are gluten-free. Read on for a great recipe that will kick start your morning digestion.
Morning green juice shazaam recipe
1 cucumber (peeled if not organic)
½ cup water if using a blender
5 stalks celery
3 cups fresh spinach leaves or greens of choice
2-3 fresh romaine leaves
1 inch fresh ginger root (peeled if not organic)
½ cup fresh parsley
¼ lemon (peeled if not organic)
1. Cut up all veggies to fit through juicer. Run produce through, without forcing or jamming.
If using a blender
1. Place cucumber in container, pour water overtop, and blend together.
2. Add celery and blend until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Pour mix through a fine mesh strainer, nut milk bag, or cheese cloth to strain out the pulp
5. Drink up as close to juicing time as you can. The sooner the better!
Meghan Telpner is a Toronto-based nutritionista and media personality with a refreshingly humorous, engaging and real approach to healthy living. Her online cooking courses and health programs are improving the lives of people around the world. Meghan’s bestselling book UnDiet, Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health is now available online and in store across North America. Join Meghan’s community on twitter @MeghanTelpner. For more visit MeghanTelpner.com .
Excerpted from Undiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health. Copyright © 2013 Meghan Telpner. Published by McClelland & Stewart, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.