Day 19: Workout
It’s Saturday – the last day before rest day – so let’s earn it. If you’ve got some young kids running around the house then feel free to include them in this so they actually have fun with you rather than just think Mommy is acting weird.
This is going to be all out aerobic workout for as long as you can handle. The good news is the walk afterwards is optional. I want you to workout hard enough that the couch – or the floor – is calling to you. We’re getting closer to the end here and it’s time to up your game.
Start off with cranking some of your favourite music, then progress through this workout, choosing the number of repetitions that seem appropriate for your fitness level (remember to push!):
1. Jumping jacks: Get as full a range of motion as possible
2. Shadow box: Boxing into thin air basically…maybe close the blinds
3. Run up and down the stairs: Wear shoes to avoid slipping, opt for outdoors if you like
4. Inchworm exercise: Walking on your hands and feet across the room, head facing down
5. Jog in place: Aim for at least two minutes if you can
6. Russian twist: Lie on your back with knees bent rotating them to either side of the torso (shown below)
7. Burpees: Don’t feel bad if you can only do a few – they’re brutally hard (see main image)
Repeat the above as many times as you can. Note that it’s fine to rest between circuits; even for an hour or more. The idea is to make the most of tomorrow’s rest day.
Get Chatelaine in your inbox!
Our very best stories, recipes, style and shopping tips, horoscopes and special offers. Delivered every weekday morning.