As the year comes to a close, we’ve been looking through our archives to see which content resonated with our readers and one topic stands out: Belly fat. It appears you are always interested in reading about the latest news and advice on shrinking your middles, which is not surprising as tummy weight is a near-universal female concern.
Here at Chatelaine.com, we don’t advise crash diets and we think you should embrace all your curves, even the ones you might not be as fond of. That said, here’s some of the best advice we read (and published) this year on tackling this trouble spot.
1. Women can also suffer from low testosterone, leading to stomach weight gain — find out if this issue could be affecting you: Low testosterone: Find out if it’s a problem for you
2. Learn how apples can reduce dangerous visceral belly fat: How apples can help you lose belly fat and control your appetite
3. You can’t spot-reduce fat around your middle with exercise — here’s why: The absolute truth about burning belly fat
4. What you think is fat might actually be bloating, so learn how to tell if your digestive system is healthy: How well is your digestive system working?
5. Find out how your hormones affect weight gain in your 20s, 30s, 40s, and beyond: Belly-fat blasters for every age
6. Discover which type of exercise is best at whittling your middle: Is cardio or weightlifting better for burning belly fat?
7. If you’re apple-shaped, you may have too much estrogen — here’s why: How having too much estrogen can make you gain weight
8. Discover the best exercises for strengthening your entire core: How to get sexy abs and a strong back
9. Find out which three carbs as the best for preventing weight gain on your stomach: The best carb choices to boost weight loss and three healthy carb recipes
10. And finally, learn why weight loss via liposuction isn’t the best idea: Liposuction’s ugly side effect: belly fat