Wherever you enjoy it, a good grazing box needs the right mix of flavours and all the textures. We eliminated the guesswork with this easy-to-put-together feast.
1. The chip: Plain, no ridges, lightly salted.
2. The fish: Tinned fish—such as Italian tuna or smoked trout— is phenomenal on those plain chips and gives a Mediterranean vibe. (Take a bite, then sip on something fizzy.)
3. The dip: Classic hummus or white bean dip.
4. The veg: Think crunchy and interesting: juicy wedges of fennel, peppery radishes or sweet snap peas.
5. The meat: A quality dry-cured salami. Slice with a sharp pocket knife as you eat (no sweaty cold cuts, please).
6. The cheese: One herbed, creamy and spreadable, and one salty and hard, like Beemster or parm.
7. The extras: Salted, crunchy corn nuts; pickled beans; or fat green olives (one word: Castelvetrano). For sweet, pack a little jar of jam or spicy honey (and your tiniest spoon).
8. The bread: Focaccia is everything— crispy-oily outside and pillowy-chewy inside. Good baguette runs a close second.
9. The fun: Sour candies or chocolate-covered biscuit sticks (because your box, naturally, needs dessert).
10. On the side: Pack cubed watermelon in a resealable plastic bag and stash it inside another resealable bag filled with ice.
To see more ways to get the best out of your summer, check out our Summer Fun Guide hub.