This burger is both a BBQ show-stopper, and incredibly simple to make — all you need is beef, a bit of coarse salt, and your favourite toppings to finish. If you’re feeling motivated (or want to score some extra brownie points) bake our pretzel buns to really knock it out of the park. (It is Father’s Day in two weeks . . . and the prize this week would make a great gift for any foodie-minded Dads out there.)
The prize: The winner with the best photo, as chosen by our kitchen, will win a six-month subscription to Hatchery, a monthly tasting box service. Each tasting box is filled with artisan cooking ingredients they’ve curated to help you discover what new and exciting flavours are out there!
Click here for rules and regulations.
- 750 g medium ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- SHAPE beef into 6 patties, each about 1/2 in. thick. Press a shallow depression in centre of each patty to help keep its shape while cooking. Sprinkle both sides with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- OIL grill and barbecue burgers, with lid closed, 5 to 7 min. Flip burgers, then continue grilling, with lid closed, until burgers are cooked, 6 more min. Let burgers rest 5 min before serving on toasted buns with your favourite toppings.
How to post your pic?
Once you have your photo, you can post it one of four ways (make sure you’re not on a private setting):
- Follow us on Instagram, then post your photo using @ChatelaineKitchen
- Follow us on Twitter, then tweet us your photo with the hashtag #ChatelaineKitchen
- Like us on Facebook, then message us your photo
- Email us your picture at email@example.com
Get your photos posted by Thursday, June 12 at noon to be considered for the club’s gallery the following day, which will be featured with the following week’s recipe.