( 12 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 5 minutes
- Total time:
- 10 minutes
- 4 Servings
- 3 bundles soba noodles (about 1 in. each), about 300 g
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups no-salt beef broth
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp honey
- 250 g strip loin steak, very thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until noodles are al dente, about 3 min. Drain and rinse very well. Return noodle mixture to same pot.
- Combine broth, vinegar, soy and honey in a saucepan over medium-high. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 2 min. Add steak and stir until just cooked through, 1 to 2 min. Remove from heat. Combine with noodles and green onions. Distribute among 4 large bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Noodles are best at room temperature.
Beefy noodle bowl, Pair it with: A fruity gamay.
Ontario gamay comes into its own in this unoaked red with ripe raspberries and a hint of spice. The acidity and soft tannins are a nice foil for the recipe’s Asian influences. Serve slightly chilled.
Our pick: 13th Street Gamay Noir, Ontario, $20.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 28 g
- 72 g
- 7 g
- 4 g
- 1,092 mg