( 39 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes
- 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Indian curry paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground coriander
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mango chutney
- 1 small cauliflower
- 19-oz (540-mL) can chickpeas (optional)
- Finely chop onion. Heat oil in a very large, wide saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté to soften a little, from 2 to 3 min. Coarsely chop tomatoes and add to onion along with seeds and juice. Stir in curry paste, ginger and coriander. Stir frequently until saucy, 4 to 6 min.
- Meanwhile, slice unpeeled eggplant into bite-sized strips. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into half moons. Add to tomato mixture. Stir often until softened slightly, about 5 min. Add broth and chutney. Bring to a boil. Break cauliflower into florets and mix in. Cover and simmer, stirring often, until it’s saucy and cauliflower is tender, from 20 to 30 min. Drain, then rinse chickpeas and add for the last minute of cooking. Will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days. Or freeze up to 2 months. Good over basmati rice.
FOR MEAT LOVERS
Boost protein by adding cubes of cooked chicken, lamb or beef in place of chickpeas.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 3 g
- 4 g
- 20 g
- 5 g
For all your Holiday must-haves click here for our Shopping List.