( 134 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 8 minutes
- Baking Time:
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
- 398 mL can coconut milk
- 14 oz (398 mL) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (250 mL) long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) golden raisins (optional)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) Indian curry paste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) coarsely chopped coriander or basil (optional)
Fruity pineapple and creamy coconut cut the curry edge in this easy one-dish bake. The curry turns the rice a lovely sunshine colour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Pour coconut milk into a 9×13-inch (3-L) baking dish. Stir in entire contents of can of pineapple. Add rice, fish sauce and raisins. Tightly cover baking dish with foil. Bake in centre of preheated oven 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub chicken with curry paste. When rice has baked 30 minutes, remove from oven. Stir rice mixture, then evenly spread out in dish. Place chicken on rice. Tightly cover with foil again. Bake until chicken is springy when pressed and rice has absorbed all liquid, 30 to 35 more minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Excellent with sugar snap peas or steamed green beans.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 37.3 g
- 24.8 g
- 56.8 g
- 1.8 g
- 4.4 mg
- 60 mg
- 1585 mg
For all your Holiday must-haves click here for our Shopping List.