( 12 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Total time:
- 25 minutes
- 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp hot mustard, preferably Colman’s
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 350 g pkg extra-firm tofu
- 2 large celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 iceburg lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 2 medium dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Stir mayo with mustard and salt in a large bowl.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towels. Coarsely grate tofu with a box grater. Stir into mayo mixture along with celery and green onions. Season with pepper.
- Toast bread. Line 6 slices of bread with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Top each with a mound of ‘egg’ salad. Sandwich with remaining bread.
Choosing bubbles is a great option when looking at ingredients like mayonnaise and tofu. A crisp and tangy sparkler lifts the dish without dominating the smooth, subtle flavours. Our pick: Tenuta S. Anna Prosecco, Italy, $19.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 15 g
- 32 g
- 17 g
- 5 g
- 752 mg