This article has not been rated yet.
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Roasting Time:
- 10 minutes
- 12 Servings
- 6 plums
- 2/3 cup Olive oil, plus extra for coating
- 5 strips of bacon
- 8 large fresh sage leaves or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried sage leaves
- 1/2 small red onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey Dijon or regular Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 2 5-oz (142-g) pkg baby spinach, about 20 cups (5 L)
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Cut plums in half and discard pits. Slice in wedges and place in a bowl. Drizzle with enough oil to coat, then toss. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil. Oil or spray foil. Place bacon and plums on different sheets. If using fresh sage, spread over a separate small piece of foil and place on sheet with bacon. Roast, turning once, until fruit is tender and bacon crisp, 12 min.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onion and mince garlic. In a small bowl, whisk Dijon with vinegar, garlic and salt. Add dried sage if using. Gradually whisk in 2/3 cup (150 mL) oil. Put bacon on a paper towel. Set roasted sage aside. Slice bacon into pieces. Toss plums in a bowl with maple syrup.
- Place spinach in a very large bowl. Add bacon, plums and onion. Crumble roasted sage over top. Stir dressing and drizzle in just enough to lightly coat.
Prepare plums, bacon, sage, onion and dressing. Wrap each separately and refrigerate up to 1 day. Before serving, continue with step 3.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 2 g
- 15 g
- 9 g
- 1 g
- 1 mg
- 33 mg
- 303 mg