This article has not been rated yet.
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Total time:
- 50 minutes
- 8 Servings
Recipe submitted by Naima Liamani, Pierrefonds.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 227-g pkgs cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- HEAT a large non-stick pan over medium-high. Add oil, then mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until mushrooms are soft, 6 to 7 min. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 min. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, about 10 min.
- STIR mashed potatoes with quinoa, cheese, mayo, egg, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture until combined.
- SCOOP mixture with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto baking sheet. Pat tops down using the bottom of cup to form patties.
- BAKE in centre of oven until golden brown, about 30 min.
Serving Tip: Serve with shaved cheddar and spinach salad.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 6 g
- 19 g
- 10 g
- 3 g
- 181 mg
- Good source of
- Vitamin B6