( 114 ratings )
- 4 Servings
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g mixed long grain and wild rice
- A few sprigs of fresh basil
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- A few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200 g roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1/2 a fresh red chilli
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) lemon dressing (please see below)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the rice and cook it according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the rice in a sieve and spread it out on a tray to help it cool down quickly. Meanwhile, pick all the herb leaves off the stalks. Finely chop the peppers. Halve, deseed and finely chop your chilli. Make your lemon dressing. Put your cooled rice into a big serving bowl. Finely chop your herb leaves and add them to the bowl, together with the peppers and chilli. Zest over your lemon, add the dressing and mix well. Taste, add salt and pepper if you think it needs it, and serve.
Put 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a jam jar with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon. Put the lid on the jar and shake well.