( 23 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 5 minutes
- Total time:
- 45 minutes
- 24 wings
- 4 lbs (2 kg) chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Montreal steak spice, Montreal chicken spice or Homemade Spice Mix (see below)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
Chicken wings are great for Friday night noshing, and these have just the right mix of heat, spice and tang. A shake of store-bought Montreal steak spice or chicken spice will do the trick. Both are popular blends sold in jars at your supermarket. Use drumettes if you want a healthier version ? they’re a little meatier than wings and have less fat.
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Line 2 baking sheets with foil. For crispier wings, place chicken on a wire rack on each sheet. Cut off and discard wing tips, as they tend to burn and don¿t have much meat on them. Place wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Montreal steak spice and drizzle with Tabasco, vinegar and oil. Toss to evenly coat wings.
- Spread wings out on racks. Roast in preheated oven until skin is crispy and brown, 40 to 50 minutes. Don¿t turn wings over during roasting. Remove from oven. Fantastic with beer and tangy coleslaw.
Want a cool dip for spicy wings? Grab extra napkins and try:
* creamy salad dressings, such as cucumber, caesar or Greek feta
* yogurt or sour cream with dill
* sour cream with blue cheese
Homemade Spice Mix
Stir 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground black pepper with 1-tsp (5 mL) each cayenne, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 7.1 g
- 5.7 g
- 0.3 mg
- 4 mg
- 84 mg