This article has not been rated yet.
- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Refrigeration Time:
- 240 minutes
- Baking Time:
- 20 minutes
- 10 to 12 wedges
- 11/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cold butter
- 4 8-oz/250-g pkgs regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rum extract
- 1 tsp (15 mL) each ground nutmeg and vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Heavy-duty foil
- Spiced Rum Cranberry Compote (refer to database for recipe)
Savour eggnog’s yummy flavours – nutmeg, rum and cinnamon – in a slice of rich cheesecake.
- For crust, preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 10-in. (25-cm) springform pan. In a food processor, whirl flour with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut butter into cubes and add. Whirl just until coarse crumbs form. Evenly press over bottom of pan. Bake in centre of oven until golden, 20 to 25 min. Cool on a rack. Reduce oven to 325F (160C).
- Put a full kettle of water on to boil. For filling, cut cheese into cubes, and place in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add the sugar, flour, rum extract, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula between additions. Pour over warm base, then smooth top. Wrap bottom and outer sides of pan with heavy-duty foil. Place wrapped pan in a broiler or shallow-sided roasting pan and place in oven. Pour enough boiling water into broiler pan to come about 1 in. (2.5 cm) up side of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake in centre of preheated oven until filling is almost set when springform pan is jiggled, about 1 hour. Remove broiler pan from oven. Set on a wire rack. Let cake stand in water in pan just until water cools, about 40 min, then remove cake from water. Remove foil. Run a knife around inside edge of pan to help prevent cracking but leave cake in pan on rack to cool completely.
- Then cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. If making ahead, wrap in plastic, then overwrap with foil and freeze up to 1 month. Slice into wedges. Spoon Spiced Rum Cranberry Compote overtop.
Rum-soaked raisins, spiced pecans, candied lemon peel, candied ginger, butterscotch sauce, clementine segments, dulce de leche and mint sprigs all make scrumptious toppings for our Eggnog Cheesecake.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 10 g
- 41 g
- 38 g
- 1 g
- 100 mg
- 344 mg