( 54 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Total Time:
- 45 minutes
- 32 Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C). In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed, about 2 min. Measure out 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries, then chop. Stir into flour with 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated orange peel. In a small bowl, using a fork, stir salt into flour until mixed. Using a wooden spoon, beat into the butter mixture just until combined.
- Using floured hands, pinch off about 1 tbsp (15 mL), then roll into a ball. Place on an oiled baking sheet at least 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Press a dried cranberry into top of cookie. Repeat. Bake 25 to 30 min. Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.