( 56 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Baking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 4 Dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy, about 1 min.
- Beat in egg and yolk, almond butter and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp dough and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 2 in. apart. Dip a fork in granulated sugar and press a criss-cross pattern on each ball.
- Bake in centre of oven 7 to 8 min. Remove sheet to a rack and leave for 2 min. Cookies will look undercooked, but will continue to bake as they sit. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely. Let baking sheet cool before making the next batch.
We also tested this recipe with pea and soy butters (as well as regular smooth and chunky peanut butter). They all taste delicious.
The almond and pea versions tend to crack around the edges while baking. For perfectly round cookies, bake 3 min first, then remove from oven, press on criss-cross pattern and continue baking.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 5 g
- 10 g
- 1 g
- 53 mg