PC Black Label Goose Fat
PC Black Label Shichimi Togarashi 7-Spice Blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
1 200-g pkg
cheese curds, chopped
prepared confit duck leg
thick slices of bacon, cut into 10in. pieces
kimchi, coarsely chopped
green onions, cut into 1-in. pieces
PC Memories of Seoul Gochujang Spicy Chili Sauce
- PREHEAT oven to 450F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT potatoes into french fry sticks, about 1/2 in. thick. Pat dry. Arrange in single layer on prepared sheet and toss with goose fat and salt. Bake, flipping halfway, until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 min. Move fries together on sheet and sprinkle immediately with togarashi and cheese curds. Continue baking until curds start to melt, about 2 min.
- DISCARD skin and bones from duck leg. Coarsely shred meat into a bowl.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add bacon and cook for 2 min (bacon should not be crisp), then add kimchi and cook until edges start to brown, 1 to 2 min. Move bacon mixture to side of pan, then add duck meat. Stir until warmed through, 2 min. Sprinkle green onions over bacon mixture and cook for 30 sec. Remove from heat.
- TRANSFER fries and curds to a large platter. Layer with duck and bacon mixture. Drizzle with gochujang sauce and mayo, then top with nori strips, sesame seeds and more togarashi. Serve warm.
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 27 g
Fibre 3 g
Sodium 839 mg
Good source of vitamin C