- BRING orange and lemon juices to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium. Add raisins and apricots and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, about 7 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- ADD apples, walnuts, wine, honey, cinnamon and salt to fruit mixture, stirring to combine. Let stand for 30 min before serving.
1. For a smoother texture, pulse together cooked fruit mixture, apples, walnuts, wine, honey, cinnamon and salt in a food processor until very finely chopped.
2. To toast nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 350F oven until fragrant and beginning to brown, stirring halfway, about 8 min. Alternatively, toast chopped walnuts in a frying pan over medium until golden and fragrant, about 8 min.
3. This dish is traditionally made with sweet apples such as Gala or Golden Delicious, but we liked a combination of a tart Granny Smith and a sweet Golden Delicious.