3 1/2 cups
frozen sweet dark cherries
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/4 cups
chocolate wafer crumbs
unsalted butter, melted
1 250-g pkg
cream cheese, softened
shaved chocolate, (optional)
- FLIP the base of an 8-in. springform pan upside down. Line base with parchment and reassemble pan.
- COMBINE cherries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium and cook until cherries are slightly softened, 6 to 7 min. Stir cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to cherries and cook, stirring until slightly thickened, 1 min. Set aside to cool slightly.
- PULSE 1 cup of the cherry mixture in a food processor until cherries are finely chopped. Keep remaining cherry mixture in refrigerator for garnish.
- STIR wafer crumbs and butter in a medium bowl. Press into bottom of pan. Freeze for 10 min.
- BEAT cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in condensed milk until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl.
- BEAT cream in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold a third into cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in remaining cream. Stir in chopped cherry mixture until combined. Scrape onto prepared crust and smooth top. Freeze until firm, about 8 hr.
- GANACHE: Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-high until it comes just to a boil. Pour over chocolate in a small bowl. Let stand for 1 min, then stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- REMOVE collar from pan, then transfer cake to a platter. Pour ganache over cake immediately, spreading to edges to create a dramatic drip. Heap reserved cherry mixture on top and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Slice and serve immediately.
Kitchen tip: To make Chantilly Cream, beat 3/4 cup 35% cream, 1 tbsp granulated sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until soft peaks form.
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fat 35 g
Fibre 2 g
Sodium 198 mg
Excellent source of vitamin A
Weekend Baking: Baked Alaska