- PREHEAT oven to 200F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on prepared sheet. Spray rack with oil.
- PAT wings very dry with paper towels, then transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle baking powder and salt over thighs. Toss to coat completely. Arrange thighs, skin-side up, in a single layer on prepared rack. Place wings in centre of oven, then increase oven temperature to 400F.
- BAKE until golden and crispy, 50 to 60 min. Remove sheet from oven and let stand until cool enough to touch, about 5 min.
- COMBINE clam juice with tomato paste, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and celery salt in a small saucepan. Boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce starts to thicken, 4 to 5 min.
- TOSS sauce with wings. Serve immediately.