1. Bracket turned wall sconce
Photo, Sugar and Cloth.
Make this Ikea bracket the best $2 you’ve ever spent by making this beautiful DIY wall sconce for your bedside. The full DIY tutorial can be found on Sugar and Cloth.
2. Boring chair turned glam
Photo, The Key Item.
A little spray paint and a furry throw blanket can make this simple Ikea chair look super snazzy. See the full DIY tutorial on The Key Item.
3. Classic rug turned fun
Photo, Trisha Zemp.
4. Plant pot turned pendant chandelier
Photo, Kitchen Trials.
Grab a few of these Ikea planters to create a genius and beautiful pendant chandelier to light up your room. See the full DIY tutorial on Kitchen Trials.
5. Lantern turned disco ball décor
Photo, Oh Happy Day.
This glitter lantern tutorial is super easy and would be the perfect addition to the next party you’re hosting. See the full tutorial on Oh Happy Day using this $5 pendant lamp shade.
6. Laptop desk turned bar cart
Photo, Ruth Eileen.
7. Kitchen drawer turned shoe storage
8. Muffin pan turned herb garden
So many things you can do with muffin tins! Including this $15 one, which holds fresh herbs which you can sprinkle on your meals.
9. Storage cabinet turned headboard
10. Dresser turned desk with tons of storage
Photo, Dianne Henkler.
11. Boring stool turned fun
Photo, Erin Lepperd.
12. Wardrobe turned statement piece
Photo, Jenny Kakoudakis.
13. Plastic stool turned chic faux Mongolian perch
Photo, Darleen Meier.
14. Standard white dresser turned chic side table
Photo, Kaylee Giffin.
15. White dresser turned rustic
This white $200 dresser looks clean and sleek. Make it look antique and completely unique by giving it a rustic twist, using stickers from Behangfabriek.
16. Bed slats turned bathroom wall organizer
Photo, Inferior Designer Kristina Steinmetz.
17. Basic bunk bed turned decorative
18. Wooden dresser turned modern
Photo, Kristina Hoyle.
19. Steel plant shelf turned modern
Photo, Jared Rose.
20. Heat trivet becomes jewelry holder
These $5 heat trivets (that come in a pack of three) make excellent wall jewellery holders. Get the full DIY on Ikea.
21. Plain round mirror turned stylish wall accessory
Photo, Sarah Widman.
Attach some affordable leather belts to this $30 mirror for additional character and style.
22. Kitchen cart turned chic bar cart/kitchen island
Photo, Meaghan Gizuk.
Some paint, gold hardware and a new surface makes this an incredibly stylish kitchen piece. See the full DIY at Oliver and Rust.
23. Crate turned pretty blanket storage
A coat of paint on this $15 crate is all you need to make it a beautiful storage box for throw pillows and blankets.
24. Shelf turned desk
Photo, Lauren Koster.
25. Heat trivets turned cork board
Photo, Bettina Johnson.
26. Bookshelves turned kitchen island
Photo, Courtney Affrunti.
27. Spice rack turned storage shelf
Photo, Steph Bond-Hutkin.
28. Garden trellis turned inspiration board
29. Bookshelves turned stunning built-ins
Photo, Claire Brody.
30. Drawers tuned desk
Photo, Tracey Ayton.
Can’t find a desk big (or small) enough? Just use these two $80 drawer units and a custom-sized surface for the top to make your own like Shift Interiors did here.
31. Bookshelves turned home library
Photo, Gwen Hefner.
Three $60 bookcases can be placed together to create a fabulous home library complete with an envy-worthy ladder. See the full DIY at The Makerista.
32. Mini drawers turned rustic filing cabinet
Photo, Kristine Franklin.
33. Drawer chest turned chic bedside table
Photo, Mandi Gubler.
34. Storage bench turned functional small-space mudroom
Photo, Amy Taylor.
At the start of a busy day, an organized mudroom is key to geting out the door on time. This $100 storage bench is the perfect base to a functional storage space. See the full DIY at Ikea Hackers.
35. Wine rack turned herb garden
Photo, Faith Towers.
Have a green thumb? This $13 wine rack doubles as a shelf for a mini herb garden. See the full DIY at Curbly.