Any blow to your head that bounces your brain around inside your skull can cause swelling or tiny tears in the brain tissue (a.k.a. a concussion). Symptoms don’t always appear right away, and when they do surface, they may last anywhere from mere minutes to a lifetime. Left untreated, concussions can have life-threatening complications. If you experience any of the following after a head injury, see your doctor immediately.
1. Headache, dizziness, confusion or memory loss
2. Heightened sensitivity to light and loud noises
3. Loss of consciousness or overwhelming fatigue
4. Nausea, vomiting, disorders of taste or smell
5. Slurred speech, difficulty concentrating
Have you ever had a concussion? Find out ways to keep your brain young here.